Caravans and motorhomes are vehicles that provide you with a convenient home away from home while you’re on the road. When you own one, you are responsible for maintaining it and ensuring it is in optimum condition. It’s critical to regularly service your Caravan by professionals to guarantee that they’re safe and ready for a long road trip.
You’re undoubtedly aware that maintaining your caravan or motorhome is a significant and costly decision as an RV owner. In fact, many people consider the initial caravan servicing to be the most important of a van’s existence. It’s usually done after the first 12 months of ownership or after the RV has travelled roughly 2000 kilometres. You can help prevent severe damage to your caravan/motorhome by having it regularly maintained, saving money on expensive repair tasks and, in the end, extending the life of your mobile home.
Annual maintenance will most likely be determined by the Caravan manufacturer and, of course, the RV type in question. In general, caravan servicing should be done at least once a year, or every 10,000 kilometres. Even if your van has been parked up, inactive for months, you should still give it the upkeep it needs. Your next family camping vacation will be stress-free if you have done the annual maintenance.
RV maintenance is unquestionably a vital aspect of ownership. The off-season is the ideal time to have your caravan serviced or repaired in preparation for any planned weekend excursions or extended holidays. It’s astonishing how many people purchase an RV but fail to schedule a regular caravan service and maintenance. We’ve put together this general guide on maintenance and repairing your freedom machine to make your life as an RV owner a little easier.
Caravan & Motorhome Servicing Tips
The service should include but not be limited to the following and any issues noted during the service inspection should be fixed as soon as possible:
- All moving components inspected
- RV Brake inspection/repair
- RV Bearings and wheel hubs check/repair
- Tyres and rims/repair
- Chassis and suspension components/repair
- RV peripheral fittings and components/repair
- External lighting and electrical connections
- RV Water tanks and plumbing mountings/repair
- Hoses inspected for integrity and protection/repair
- RV tents and awnings/repair
- Handbrake cable adjusted and checked/repaired
Several components in both caravans and motorhomes wear down over time due to frequent use. You should constantly keep up with the required repair and maintenance plan if you want to keep your caravan and/or motorhome safe and road-ready. If you don’t use your RV very often, we recommend storing it undercover, or if possible, behind a purpose-built protective cover.
Caravan & Motorhome Maintenance Tips
Here are some simple maintenance tips that every caravan or motorhome owner should be aware of to ensure safety and avoid damage:
- As mentioned earlier, regular maintenance, which should be done at least once a year, helps prevent minor issues from becoming more serious, dangerous, and costly to repair.
- Even if a motorhome or caravan is parked, it requires specific attention. Even if you haven’t used your caravan or motorhome since your previous service, you should still send it in for a routine maintenance check.
- Once rust and mould have developed in your vehicle, they might be tough to remove. The best prevention is early detection.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your caravan or RV. It’s critical to maintain your recreational vehicle clean, whether on the road or sitting idle, to prevent mould or bacteria from forming.
- Caravan door seals, window seals, pop-top seals, boot/tailgate seals, and any other moisture protecting seals should be checked for leaks regularly.
Any travel will be made much more comfortable with the assistance of a Caravan or Motorhome repair and Service shop. When it comes to offering Caravan or Motorhome Servicing, the team at Complete RV Services are top specialists, and they guarantee that the job gets done perfectly the first time. Selecting a reputable servicing centre like Complete RV Services ensures that your caravan or motorhome is only entrusted to qualified professionals. We undertake to service and repair any type of caravan, trailer, or motorhome quickly and effectively because of our experience and knowledge. Please get in touch with us at https://www.rvservices.com.au/enquiry-us/ for any queries regarding servicing or repairing your RV.
Also Read: Caravan & Motorhome – Common Problems You Need To Watch Out For